Monday, March 12, 2012

Austrian Freeski Open!

Hey Guys,
just came home from the 2012 Austrian Freeski Open and it´s been a crazy week!
Started off on wednesday with the training day. They had a pretty sick and very long course this year starting with a pole jam or a Oakley sign bonk kinda thing, going into a down rail or a huge straight gap to down box, then a corner jump a big high pipe rail and then one 20m roller and a 20m true table kicker!




Thursday was rockies and Ladies comp, but unfortunately the weather sucked, so the girls did a rail jam and boys had their comp running in more or less bad conditions. Friday was guys quail and the level was pretty crazy already. On saturday they had the final day where 15people out of the 80riders from quails meet the invited 15 guys. This year was the first for me in my 7th year of AFO where I was invited so I was pretty stoked on that.

The 30guys where cut down to 10 who got 2runs best counts.
In the end I finished 5th place which I´m really stoked on concerning the level of riding and my 7park days I had since october.

I did a right cork 5 nose tap on the oakley bong into a sw 180 butter up to the table then right nose butter 2 in 2 out on the down rail into a sw left cork 7 blunt, then sw left 2 on bling 630 out of the hightail pipe into a left flat 12 blunt into a sw right 10blunt. I was really happy after landing my run, especially cause I just learned my flat 12 last week in Mayrhofen. In the end it was Andreas Haetveit who took home the win, ones more doing a sw 3 tail to nose tap over the oakley sign into a k-fed on the straight to down box into a left flat 5 to sw 2 on blind 6 out on the high pipe and then a right dub 12 mute to sw left 12safety..pretty crazy...
 the whole AFO family! Thx for a great 10 years!

 me being real stoked on my 5th place finish!

As I said this year the level of riding was ridicolous! It´s been the best AFO yet and I wish them all the best for the future and for a lot more Austrian Open to come!

Thx so much for all the great times!

cheers Roy




0 Kommentare: